Our solar system has amazing moons. Our own moon is pretty great, but no offense to our planet, the outer solar system is where all the action is. Our two gas giants, Jupiter and Saturn, have dozens of moons, some of which are the most bizarre and scientifically interesting in the entire solar system. Some are tiny, oddly shaped rocks, some are larger mixtures of ice and rock, and some even have entire oceans below their surface. We’re still only learning about the range of possible moons in the solar system. This week we’re going to visit just a few of our solar system’s standouts.
More Great WIRED Stories
- Why the “queen of shitty robots” renounced her crown
- Amazon, Google, Microsoft—who has the greenest cloud?
- Instagram, my daughter, and me
- Ewoks are the most tactically advanced fighting force in Star Wars
- Everything you need to know about influencers
- ? Will AI as a field “hit the wall” soon? Plus, the latest news on artificial intelligence
- ??♀️ Want the best tools to get healthy? Check out our Gear team’s picks for the best fitness trackers, running gear (including shoes and socks), and best headphones.