Hello, and welcome to another edition of The Monitor, WIRED’s entertainment news roundup. Today might be a holiday in the US, but that doesn’t mean there’s not plenty of news to get through, including some updates on Stranger Things and The Batman. Let’s get going.
Here’s the First Stranger Things Season 4 Trailer
The first trailer for the next season of Netflix’s Stranger Things came with a message from the Duffer Brothers, which was signed, “From Russia with love.” In a statement accompanying the video, the creators said, “We’re excited to officially confirm that production on Stranger Things 4 is now underway—and even more excited to announce the return of Hopper! Although it’s not all good news for our ‘American’; he is imprisoned far from home in the snowy wasteland of Kamchatka, where he will face dangers both human … and other. Meanwhile, back in the states, a new horror is beginning to surface, something long buried, something that connects everything. …. Season 4 is shaping up to be the biggest and most frightening season yet, and we cannot wait for everyone to see more. In the meantime—pray for the American.” Whatever, Hopper lives!
Billie Eilish’s James Bond Theme ‘No Time to Die’ Is Haunting. Duh.
As she teased on the Oscars red carpet, Billie Eilish has written and recorded the theme song for the forthcoming 25th James Bond film No Time to Die, out in April. The song is called “No Time to Die.” Listen above.
Here’s Your First Look at Robert Pattinson’s Batman
As we’ve mentioned before, director Matt Reeves is hard at work on The Batman, which stars Robert Pattinson in the titular role. Late last week, Reeves released an early look at his version of the Dark Knight. Watch it above. The Batman will also star Zoë Kravitz as Catwoman, Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon, Paul Dano as The Riddler, Colin Farrell as The Penguin, and Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth. It’s set to hit theaters June 2021.
More Great WIRED Stories
- The ragtag squad that saved 38,000 Flash games from internet oblivion
- How four Chinese hackers allegedly took down Equifax
- The tiny brain cells that connect our mental and physical health
- Vancouver wants to avoid other cities’ mistakes with Uber and Lyft
- The eerie repopulation of the Fukushima exclusion zone
- ? The secret history of facial recognition. Plus, the latest news on AI
- ✨ Optimize your home life with our Gear team’s best picks, from robot vacuums to affordable mattresses to smart speakers