Bhubaneswar/New Delhi: Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has approved three six lane projects in the State of Odisha. Gadkari took to the Twitter to inform about the nod to road projects on Wednesday.
The road projects approved by the Transport ministry which come under Raipur – Visakhapatnam Economic corridor include Dhanara-Hatibena section worth Rs. 477.76 Crore, Hatibena-Badakumari section worth Rs. 791.17 Crore and Karki-Kaliagura section worth Rs. 498.51 Crore.
Union minister Shri @nitin_gadkari ji approved 3 road projects of 6 Lane in the state of Odisha .
— Office Of Nitin Gadkari (@OfficeOfNG) February 10, 2021
Soon after the announcement, BJP National Vice President Jay Panda took to Twitter to express his gratitude to Minister Gadkari.
‘My heartfelt thanks to Union Road Transport & Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari Ji for approving 3 road projects of 6 Lane for Odisha. These projects shall help the state in getting a much-needed boost for becoming an attractive destination for investors,’ Panda wrote in his social media post.
My heartfelt thanks to Union Road Transport & Highways Minister Shri @nitin_gadkari Ji for approving 3 road projects of 6 Lane for Odisha. These projects shall help the state in getting a much-needed boost for becoming an attractive destination for investors. pic.twitter.com/aUxNPXLj2l
— Baijayant Jay Panda (@PandaJay) February 10, 2021
Apart from the three projects for Odisha, Union Minister Gadkari also approved a slew of other highway projects in different States.
- 2 Laning with paved shoulder of stretch from Bikramganj-Dawath-Maleyabagh-Nawanagar-Dumrow of NH-120 worth Rs. 178.63 Cr in the state of Bihar.
- Rehabilitation and upgradation of 2 Lane including construction of Naushera Tunnel on Akhnoor – Poonch road (NH-144A) worth Rs. 642.24 Cr in the UT of Jammu & Kashmir under project Sampark, Border road Organisation (BRO).
- Inclusion of the state road from Somayajulapalli (on NH-40) to Dhone (on NH-44) in the state of Andhra Pradesh under Bharatmala Pariyojana.
- Widening of single Lane road to intermediate Lane road from Mokokchung to Chare via Dikhu worth Rs. 192.93 Cr in the state of Nagaland.
- Improvement work for 4 Lane Daboka Dimapur stretch of Loring Thepi – Ganapath Gaur Gaon section worth Rs. 260.07 Cr in the state of Assam.
- Construction of 4 Lane Nagpur-Katol section of NH-353J in the state of Maharashtra.
- Approval for 7 road projects in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Tamil Nadu under Bharatmala Pariyojana.
- Construction of Sungal Tunnel 2 Lane on Akhnoor-Poonch road under Project Sampark (BRO) in UT of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Four Laning Munger to Mirzachauki section from Charia village junction to start of existing Bhagalpur bypass worth Rs. 1020.84 Cr in the state of Bihar.
- 2 road projects in Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu including section of six lane Aluru-Jakkauva under Raipur-Visakhapatnam economic corridor worth Rs. 922.50 Cr and a section of six lane Chittor-Thatchur Highway worth 1484.83 Cr under Bharatmala Pariyojana.