Recipe by Nicole Papantoniou
This recipe originally appeared in our Holiday 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 10 Hours (includes overnight chilling)
- 10 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend (about 8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup chopped spicy soppressata (about 5 oz.)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet cherry peppers
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 round loaf (about 1 lb.)
- Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cheese, soppressata, peppers, and Italian seasoning. Toss with bread cubes. Transfer to a large greased baking dish. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before baking. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake until browned on top, about 25 minutes more. Let cool slightly, then garnish with parsley.