Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
CrossFire is a huge FPS hit in Asia, but it is less known in the U.S. That could change when CrossFireX comes out later this year with Microsoft’s backing. This new RTS game from respected Canadian RTS studio Blackbird Interactive could also help extend the franchise’s reach.
Blackbird is behind the sci-fi RTS series Homeworld, and it’s also working on Homeworld 3. RTS games are in something of a slump at the moment, but it could just take one big hit to put the genre back in the spotlight.
Smilegate, the South Korean publisher and developer behind CrossFire, is working with Prime Matter on the project.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it.
How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties